Features and Benefits of Universal Account Number (UAN)
Universal Account Number (UAN) is the twelve-digit number allocated to every member of the EPF (Employee Provident Fund) that helps to control all his or her employee provident fund accounts. The universal account number associates with the employee and connect all his or her provident fund accounts around the organizations. Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India issued this universal account number. If the individual changes his or her current job, then he or she gets new provident fund account with the organization. This is the reason for multiple provident account number allocated to the employees.
Multiple provident account numbers are the concerned area as most of the employees account grievances that related to withdrawal or transfer of provident fund amount. To overcome this problem and make the PF account management easier, the UAN concept introduced. The universal account number is the single account number that can connect multiple numbers of ID associated with the same employee. With the help of UAN, employee connects all his or her provident fund accounts in order to make the transfer and withdrawal process of PF money easier.
Features of the UAN:
The main purpose of the universal account number is to maintain the centralization of all employees’ data and decrease the need of EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) on employers for the employee verification purpose. Now, EPFO verified the identity of the members via the data provided by the employers. To introduce the UAN, the back account and KYC details linked so that employee’s information verified and account established. Universal account number also helps to track the changes in the job for every employee. If an employee changes his or her job, then he or she need to provide the UAN number to his or her employer to link the UAN with new provident fund account. By using this way, EPFO updated all kinds of the information such as where the individual works now. When people switch jobs, UAN also stops them making unnecessary provident withdrawals.
Check Related Pages – Universal Account Number Benefits
Benefits of the UAN:
Here are the most outstanding benefits of the universal account number (UAN).
- Employees connect all his or her provident account to a single UAN account.
- Using the UAN, the employee can withdraw his or her provident fund money online.
- Transfer the provident fund amount from the old PF account into new PF account is also made easy via the universal account number.
- Using the UAN online member portal, employees instantly check his or her PF balance.
- In addition, simply send the SMS with the UAN number the employee get to know provident fund balance.
- The universal account number is the identification number, which is independent of employers.
- If there is any need for the employer to authenticate or validate your profile, then your universal account number is KYC or Aadhaar verified.
- This UAN also helps the employees to maintain and manage his or her provident account online. This means any of the employers not hold back the provident fund amount of any employee.
- The employee also tracks if their company depositing the provident fund every month or delaying the provident fund contribution simply registered on the UAN portal.
Advantages for employees using the UAN:
Employees, those linked all his or her PF account with the UAN can get the benefits mentioned below.
- There is no involvement of employers in PF withdrawal
At present, if you request for PF withdrawal then request pass on through your old employer and they have to sign the request and then only request forwarded to the EPFO. However, with the universal account number the employer intervention reduced. The PF money on your previous PF account transferred automatically to your new PF account after the verification of KYC complete.
- There is no need to transfer fund
Transfer the provident amount from one employer account into other is the big and lengthy process. However, there is no need to transfer your PF amount at all with the advent of universal account amount. In order to change your account, all you need to do is provide the KYC and bank account details to the new employer. Once the new employer verified this information, then PF amount from your previous account transferred automatically to the new account.
- SMS alerts for the easy account management
Benefits Of The UAN Number For Employees
The universal account number is introduced by the employee provident fund organization. The universal account number is one of the most important numbers for each employer and employees. It is the unique number given to every employee of the EPF. The employee provident fund organization sends the monthly intimation messages of the EPF account. The intimation messages help to remain the due date for the employees. The fund transfer is one of the main advantages of the universal account number. The universal account number portal handles the UAN related works. By using this portal you can perform various tasks such as UAN Activation, check the UAN allotment status, check the EPF passbook, and upload your KYC document and Aadhaar documents and others.
Details require for register epfo uan number
By using the universal account number anyone can easily check their PF balance status. The employer gives the universal account number to each employee and the employer print universal account number in salary slip. The employee should have the details before going to register for the epfo uan number. They are
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- PAN card number
- PF number and others
How to UAN login via member portal
The employees need to get the universal account number and the employees also need their mobile number and the member ID during the online registration process. The process of the epfo uan login is very simple and the employee needs some details to activate the UAN number.
- First, you visit the UAN portal or official website of uan
- Select on active the UAN and then the UAN form will display
- Enter your UAN number and select on the check box to enter the user ID
- Choose the state and office, and then enter the PF office code
- If the employee does not have the member ID and then enter PAN card number
- The user can enter the details like mobile number, name, date of birth, email address and others
- Then select to get the authorization PIN number and the user will receive the PIN number on their mobile phone for the verification process.
- Enter the Pin number and submit the application form
- After completing the UAN activation process and the employee will get the confirmation messages for the email ID.
Benefits of the UAN number
The universal account number comes with a lot of benefits and the epfo uan portal gives the employee access to EPF passbook. After the universal account number activation, the employee can know the EPF balance status through SMS and missed a call. By using the Aadhaar card number and UAN number has made EPF withdrawal in online. The universal account number automatically transfers the employee provident fund balance from one account to some other account after switching the job. The UAN offer the various online facilities to the employees and employers only after the UAN number activation. The universal account number activation or registration can be done via UAN portal, employee provident fund app and SMS from the registered mobile number.